- Stay in the North Midlands, but buy a new house in a development in Ashbourne, Stone or Uttoxeter (dismissed as insufficiently different).
- Wales is nice, (true, but we are English and if we wanted to move to another country, might not Spain have slightly better weather?)
- What about Shropshire/Worcestershire/Herefordshire/Gloucestershire....(We visited them all, hmmm, a bit Middle Englandish and a tad Tory)
- Lincoln is lovely...and inexpensive. (too much of a Ukip heartland.)
- We like Bristol (can't afford it and too old to adjust to urban living).
- So what about nearby - North Somerset, Frome, Wells...(could be a contender).
- Kent! handy for the ferry! (really busy and prices rocketing).
- Milton Keynes is an unappreciated 20th century gem..(kids vowed never to visit us if we even mentioned it again). And so it went on.
|The mouth of the Tyne|
|South Shields Pier Head|
|Sarah and Rob - at South Shields|
|The cliffs near Souter lighthouse|
Since then we have searched specific areas on Rightmove to try to work out some locations to explore in earnest - the Suffolk coast and North Devon around Barnstaple are both possibilities we have decided, which explains why we are parked in a field near Felixstowe with plans next week to park in a different field near Barnstaple. In between we will be visiting a forest near Marlborough, not because we want to live there, simply as a stopover in-between. Expect field reports on each place - tomorrow, the delights of Folkestone.